Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Elephants on Parade


Blouse: Forever21
Skirt: Zara
Shoes: Target
Watch: Guess
Bracelet: "borrowed" from my mom
Earrings: DIY Shrinky Dinks

I really like combination of this shirt and skirt because the skirt is kind of rough but school girlish while the shirt is very feminine. The ruffles, lavender color and the shoe bows soften up the whole look. This skirt is one of my favorite pieces of clothing and I wear at least once every week! It is so versatile, somehow I have managed to convince myself that it matches everything else in my closet. In the winter or at the office it goes perfectly with tights and boots. 

The earrings were made at a craft party that I hosted when I lived in Spokane. They are made from Shrinky Dink plastic and colored with Sharpies and colored pencils. I have been aching to make some more so look for a tutorial on how to use recycled plastic to make them! I can get a few of my friends together I might have another Shrinky Dink party sometime soon. They are super easy and fun to make so they are the perfect party craft. 

It is starting to get hot in LA, like summer is suppose to be, which means we will finally get to really enjoy the pool. I can't wait! It is as close as I am going to get to a vacation this summer so I am going to have to make due. Oh well, is anyone else going on a really great vacation that I can vicariously go on? Please let me know, that would be fantastic! 

2 comments:

Eat, Sleep, Denim said...

Very cute outfit, and I love those earrings!
Eat, Sleep, Denim <3

MH said...

thank you! i think that i might have to make a bunch these weekend because i keep getting requests for them! :)