Friday, September 10, 2010

Punchy Pink

IMG_0093
IMG_0108

Every once in a while I get in the mood to paint my nails a new color so I make a little trip to my local beauty supple store and spend a long time trying what color to try. This time I was in the mood for neon pink and they just happened to have one mini bottle left of Essie's Summer '09 neon collection. I didn't know that most neon colors are matte so I was a little shocked when it dried super fast but not shiny at all. This was a the first bottle of Essie nail polish I have ever bought and it did not give me a good impression of their polish! The first coat went on super streaky and looked so terrible. The second coat made it slightly better but some of the nails are still streaky and need a third coat. I also had to put on two coats of glossy top coat to make my nails super shiny like regular nail polish. 

In summary, while I really like the neon color and how fast the nail polish dries, the streakiness and matte finish make me not want to ever buy this kind of nail polish again! 

No comments: