Thursday, August 12, 2010

Birthday Party Outfit

When I find an outfit combination I like I tend to wear it more than once in a short period of time. As long as different groups of people will be at the events (but sometimes I forget and end up wearing the same outfit with the same people twice in a row!) So this is one of those outfits that I liked so much the first time I wore it that I just had to wear it again. The first time I wore it was to a friend's birthday but I look way to goofy in head to toe picture to post and I wore it again for my mom's birthday on Tuesday.

photo.jpg
photo.jpg

Shirt: Alberta Ferretti (I think),
from the garage sale
Tank top: Zara
Sweater: Rodarte for Target
Skirt: Kimchi Blue, gift from friend
Shoes: Manolo Blahnik, from DecadesTwo
Bracelet: handmade by me
Purse: Coach
Sunglasses: Juicy Couture
Earrings: Laundry by Shelly Segal, 
Nordstrom's Rack in Spokane

I promised a picture of the other shoes that I got at DecadesTwo and here it is! Unfortunately, I didn't take any close up pictures yet because we only had my dad's iphone but the shoes are the prettiest navy blue shimmery leather. They are so delicate though! I feel like I can't wear them out very often so I don't ruin them. When I got home I realized that they are a perfect match to the only formal dress that I own. Someone I know really needs to have a black tie wedding or bring me along to some awards show so I can wear these shoes with that dress!

The top is from the magical garage sale and is completely sheer with the most gorgeous pleats that are hard to see in the photos. I wasn't that sure about the shirt just seeing it on the hanger but I am completely in love with it and I wish that I had it in more colors! Also, being that it is silk, it is fairly delicate and I don't want to damage it at all because I can unintentionally be quite hard on my clothing, shoes and accessories.

The bracelet is something that I added last minute when I felt like I needed something navy to tie in the shoes to the rest of the outfit. (My thought was that if the color of the shirt and the skirt were mixed together then it would roughly produce the color of the shoes. haha) I made the bracelet in the summer after 7th grade when I made my first (and only) dress from a pattern out of the same fabric. It still fits my wrist perfectly even though the dress is way to small. I wish that I could still wear the dress because it is a really cute lightweight dress that would be perfect for the rest of summer which I'm guessing is going to be insanely hot to make up for our mild summer thus far.

I uploaded this outfit to Chictopia for the Juicy Couture contest! I make life Juicy by dressing up for work and special events. There is nothing like some sparkly earrings and shoes to make me feel glamorous! My favorite thing about work is that I can dress up every day! I am not a morning person by any means but having the opportunity to come up with a creative outfit every morning is enough to get me out of bed and ready to start the day. If you are on Chictopia I would love if you favorited my outfit! :) 

No comments: