Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend


Dress: vintage with belt from parents' friend
Purse: coral Coach bag with short and crossbody straps
Bracelet: flowers from Hawaii several years ago
Shoes: "Seppa" blush corset heels from Aldo
Sunglasses: D&G from Sunglass Hut
Earrings: blue and white seed bead made by me for this dress

I got my wish for hot weather this weekend just in time for our backyard pool parties. I had a hard time picking out an outfit that was dressy but also cool enough for the 90 degree temperatures. The dress that I settled on is a vintage dress that was given to me by one of my parents friends. She cleaned out her closet a few years ago and gave my sister and I the dresses that were still in good condition.

My friends in college always made fun of this dress whenever I wore it. They called it my grandma dress. How sad! I love his dress. It was a lot longer but my mom hemmed it for me several inches so the length is a lot more flattering. I wish that I could find 6 more dresses exactly like this one in different patterns. Then I could have one for every day of the week when it is too hot to wear anything else this summer. I hope that everyone had a great memorial day weekend!

2 comments:

Cosmic Waitress said...

i love this dress! super cute :D

MH said...

thank you!